New York State, 2006
Albany Law School of Union University, Albany, New York
Juris Doctor, May 2005
- Executive Editor, Center for Judicial Process, Fall 2004 – Spring of 2005
- Co-Authored “Appellate Division on Appeal: The Justices’ Rates of Agreement, Rejection, and Vindication by the Court of Appeals”, Albany Law Review State Constitutional Commentary, Volume 70, Number 3, 2007
- Senior Editor, Government, Law and Policy Journal, Fall 2004 – Spring of 2005
- Research Assistant , Vincent Martin Bonventre, Professor of Law, Fall 2003 – Spring 2005
- Karen C. McGovern Senior Prize Trials, Fall 2004
- Donna Jo Morse Negotiations Moot Court Competition, Spring 2004
- Certificate of Achievement – Albany Law School Civil Rights and Disabilities Law Clinic, May 2004
- Joseph C. Foiadelli Fellowship
- Certified Mediator, Basic Mediation, Spring 2004
Plattsburgh State University, Plattsburgh, New York
B.A., Speech Communication, cum laude, May 2002
- GPA: 3.69 – Dean’s List 6 Semesters
- Excellence Award in Business and Professional Speaking, Spring 2002
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Omicron Delta Kappa National Leadership Honor Society
- Communication Department Scholarship, Spring 2001
- Scholarship for Academic Achievement, Academic Year 2001-2002
- Teaching Assistant, Introduction to Human Communication, Spring 2002
- Teaching Assistant, Mass Media and Society, Spring 2001
Albany County District Attorney’s Office, Albany, New York
Assistant District Attorney, 2006 – present
Financial Crimes Unit, January 2012 – present
Handling felony cases involving all aspects of white collar crimes, with a focus on crimes against seniors (SALT), and the use of subpoenas.
Major Offenses Unit, January 2011 – January 2012
Handled felony cases including burglary, robbery, larceny, assaults, etc.
Street Crimes Unit, 2006 – 2010
Handled felony drug cases including controlled buy operations and search warrant executions.
Witness preparation and trial experience in both criminal and civil court. Ran the Safe Home – Safe Streets Initiative, which included conducting Landlord Trainings; maintaining the Trespass Affidavit Program; commencing Narcotic Evictions. Managed the Legal Lives Program.
Law Clerk, June 2004 – May 2005 (admitted to practice under Student Practice Order)
Performed legal research and drafted respondent briefs in the Appeals Unit. Argued in front of the
State of New York, Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Third Judicial Department.
Civil Rights and Disabilities Law Clinic, Albany Law School
Legal Intern (admitted to practice under Student Practice Order), Academic Year 2003-2004
Represented low-income disabled individuals in all aspects of client counseling. Conducted extensive research in Medicaid and education law. Prepared witnesses and created record for a Fair Hearing.